In this episode, you’ll hear from Ryerson University journalism professor April Lindgren, who is the creator of the Local News Research Project. We talk about why local journalism matters, and what “local news poverty” means.
- Local News Research Project
- “Canada’s local news ‘poverty’,” by April Lindgren, John Corbett and Jaigris Hodson (Policy Options)
- “Guelph’s post-Mercury blues: How an Ontario city is coping without its local newspaper,” by Simon Houpt (Globe and Mail)
- The National in Conversation: Why Community Coverage Matters (CBC)
- “As Canadian stations expand local news, experts wonder how successful it will be,” by the Canadian Press (The Chronicle Herald)
- Toward Reconciliation (Discourse Media)